Wednesday, February 12, 2014

3dp3dt and OHSS?

Well I'm three days in to the 2ww and feeling pretty miserable.  I think I have a mild case of OHSS.  I still am feeling really "full".  Just as much as I was before retrieval.  I've had some shortness of breath and abdominal pain.  I'm up almost 4 lbs.  I've been pushing the Gatorade and trying to eat salty foods (this is harder than it sounds!) per Nurse Jenny's instructions.  Obviously if this cycle works the discomfort will all be worth it.

Hopefully today my little embryos are blastocysts and tomorrow they will start attaching to my uterus!  Come on little ones!!  I am praying so hard for all three of you.

I also need to follow up with the clinic to check on the remaining embryos.  I know the chances of any of them being frozen was very slim.  But I'd like to know for certain what happened to each of the other three.

In the meantime there's not much to do but try and avoid getting aboard the Crazy Train.  Last cycle I did pretty well until about day 6.  Let's hope I can make it longer this time because that isn't good for anyone (especially my poor husband).  As of right now I have decided not to test and I'm going to follow my clinic's recommendation of not getting results until the 2nd Beta.  There's been so many of my blog friends lately that had a positive 1st Beta that then decreased by their 2nd.  I'm beginning to understand a little bit more why it's my clinic's policy to wait until the 2nd Beta to tell you the results.  My first one is scheduled for a week from today and the second is the Friday after.  We'll see if I can resist the urge to POAS.....

Three days down.........

8 comments:

  1. Boooo! I'm so sorry about the OHSS! That sounds awful! I've never heard of the second beta policy... They don't make you do a second beta if the first is negative, do they? I mean yours, of course, will be positive... so no worrying about that! Wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda - I'm really not sure. Nurse Jenny did tell me that my first one with the last cycle was negative but she acted like it was something she doesn't usually do. And I still had to come in for a 2nd one. I mean it's basically 2 more nights of the progesterone which I guess won't hurt you. At first I thought it was absolutely crazy but now as I learn that sadly a good number of people get a positive and then it decreases it kind of makes sense. My assumption would be they would have you come in for a 3rd Beta if that happens because they do mention that. I may just live in denial as long as possible :)

      Delete
  2. OHSS isn't any fun, trust me!! Make sure you stay on top of your gatorade. Beef jerkey and Campbells chicken noodle soup helped me with the sodium. Really salty chicken broth helped me when I was at my worst because I couldnt' eat anything solid without being miserable. Prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked up some soup per your recommendation over my lunch break. I agree I just do not want to eat anything. I know it's a mild case, but still uncomfortable. I hope it gets better soon.

      Delete
  3. I had OHSS! It is awful! I gained 9.5 lbs. If i had reached 10, i was to hospitalized! YIKES!! Drink lots of gatorade, V8 juice, and chicken noodle soup. Don't eat too many solid foods, it will just get stuck somewhere between your throat and stomach and leave you feeling miserable. Also, don't move. Just lay still. hugs girl!!

    waitingforbabybird.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the great advice. I attempted to eat dinner last night and it was a huge mistake. I'm sticking strictly to Gatorade and soup today. I hope I can button my pants in the morning !!

      Obviously this is all totally worth it if this cycle is a success. I'm praying so hard for that and would hladly endure anything for my healthy miracle baby.

      Delete
  4. Im sorry about the OHSS! Praying that it passes soon and you feel somewhat more comfortable soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bummer about the OHSS. Sending sticky thoughts and hoping that your wait goes by quickly….try to hold off on POAS. I have so many friends who got so upset when they didn't see anything and ended up being preggo. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete