Monday, February 3, 2014

Cycle Day 9 Ultrasound



~*~*~*~*~*~* 18 Follicles!!!! ~*~*~**~*~*~~*~

Oh my gosh I can not believe that I'm even writing this.  This morning I had my ultrasound to see how I was responding to the stim drugs and there were 18 (!) follicles!  I am in complete shock.  Me, with my rotten eggs and my "poor responder" diagnosis.  Wow.  I'll back track and tell you about the appointment.

I had told D that he didn't need to come with me today.  He's missed so much work due to all of these appointments and he'll need to be off again for retrieval and transfer.  I felt good about that decision last night but as I was driving to the clinic this morning I started to get really nervous.  I reminded myself for the 1,000th time to give all of my doubts, worries, and fear to God.  So I tried that all morning and even though I was still nervous it did help.  I just prayed and tried to keep my thoughts as positive as possible.  Finally they called me back for the ultrasound.  I confessed to Jolene my nurse that I was feeling a little nervous.  She told me that with this protocol the follicles might be slightly smaller than the last cycle and that was expected and good.  The goal is to grow more and at an even rate.  So I was glad she told me that.  Then Dr. H came in and we got down to business.  I heard him say that my lining was at a 8, which is where it needs to be so that was good news.  Then he found my right ovary and started rattling off numbers.  I had a 20mm follicle and a 17mm and then he started saying 15, 15, 13, 13, 13, and he just kept going.  There were 13 follicles on the right side.  So amazing considering I had 5 on the right side and 4 on the left last cycle.  Then we moved to the left side, which is evidently my slacker ovary.  There were only 5 follicles but they were all 13mm.  So that gave us a total of 18!  Once again I'm just in shock and so thankful and filled with hope that this cycle will be better than last time.  I know we still have a ways to go.  Not all of the follicles will  have eggs and not all of the eggs will be mature.  But I'm hopeful to have more embabies than last time if we have more eggs to start with.

So I'll go back for another ultrasound tomorrow morning and they acted like we might trigger Tuesday night for a Wednesday retrieval.  I guess we'll see where we are tomorrow.

Once again it's not in my control so I will turn it all over to God and trust in his plan.  If you have any extra prayers to give this week I'd appreciate you sending them our way!

10 comments:

  1. What great news! I know it's difficult (trust me.. I get it!) not to worry, but do your best to remain positive. You are responding so much better this time around and things are looking great! Continuing to pray for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the pep talk Allison! It is hard, but the negative thoughts will not help anything. So I'm focusing on my good news and praying really hard that this cycle continues to go well. Thanks so much for the prayers and support!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks you!! Fingers crossed for more good news upon retreival!

      Delete
  3. Ohh my word!! Wonderful knows!!! Our God is such an amazing God- he took that "poor responder" diagnosis and really gave it what for!! Praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are SO right Kasey! Like I said I'm still in shock. I never thought I would hear those numbers. Praying so hard that there are eggs growing steadily in there and that they will be perfectly mature at retreival! Thanks for the support and kind words and I'm so excited about your happy news. It gives me such hope :)

      Delete
  4. God sure did show Himself strong!! Praise God for these 18 eggs!! Sending more prayers your way! God is soooo good!

    waitingforbabybird.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really did Elisha! Thanks for the prayers I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  5. Whoa! That's awesome news... literally double what you had last time?!?! That's CRAZY! So hopeful that they can get a few of those 13mm guys to catch up! Feeling really, really hopeful for you! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete