Friday, January 23, 2015

Messy

Life is messy. People are messy. Relationships are messy. This week has reminded me of that. Since being thrown onto this cobbled road of infertility the way I look at situations and my feelings about life as a whole have been greatly altered. Things I once thought were important became irrelevant. Words or actions that would have caused me to get worked up into a frenzy are now ignored, laughed at, or just disregarded. And while I try to keep my stress level (and the drama) in my life low, inevitably a situation will arise that must be dealt with. Like I said people are messy. Emotions are messy. Feelings get hurt, people say things they shouldn't, words and actions are taken the wrong way.

No one is perfect and no life is perfect. And I know without a doubt D and I are far from perfect. But as I undergo tests, blood draws, ultrasounds, battles with our insurance companies, and general hormone meltdowns I couldn't be more thankful for my imperfect partner. Yes, life is messy and mine is far from perfect.  But I'm happy, I'm loved and supported, I feel valued and respected. And I wouldnt trade it for anything.  

1 comment:

  1. I've been reading your blog for a while now and cheering you on in your journey. I'm so happy with how you ended this post. It's nice to here that you are loved and supported. Good luck to you both.

    ReplyDelete