Thursday, June 5, 2014

Scratch

It's been a crazy week for me, as I've been traveling for work but I wanted to send out a quick update as I'm feeling pretty anxious this morning.  I had my "scratch" on Monday morning.  It was as unpleasant as it sounds.  Basically Dr. H took a catheter and shoved it up into my uterine lining and took a chunk out of a specific spot.  He then felt the need to show me the blood and tissue he removed - could have done without that!  But the point of the procedure is that when we go to transfer Frosty he'll be able to see the spot where he took the tissue and will aim to deposit him/her right into that little indentation which will hopefully help Frosty implant and burrow in  Fingers crossed.

I go in tomorrow for an U/S to check and see how my lining is looking.  The only thing I've been taking to help with it is IM injections of estrodel every three days.  It doesn't seem like much.  I thought I would be on suppositories as well but I'm not.  Hopefully my lining is looking good and we can continue moving forward.

Although my blog is anonymous there are family and friends that I've shared the URL with.  Because of that I won't be posting my exact transfer or beta dates.  When I miscarried in March everyone who knew that we were pregnant and also knows me in real life, knew the date and time of the 7 weeks ultrasound.  I feel so blessed to have so many people who love us, support us, and are cheering us on.  However when we got the bad news I was obviously hit pretty hard and all of the calls and text messages just overwhelmed me even more.  I think it would have been easier if I could have had time to process the news and then informed people when I was more settled.  So that's my game plan moving forward with this transfer.

I hope no one feels like I"m trying to shut them out or that I don't appreciate each and every one of you who follows this blogs, sends positive thoughts and prayers, or reaches out to me to tell me that they are thinking of me.  IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME!  I'm so grateful for all of my amazing friends and family and it's what gives me the strength to keep trying.  So from the bottom of my heart thank you all so much.  As for the wonderful people that I've never met but have connected with through this amazing community your ability to understand exactly what we are going through has been a light in the darkest tunnel for me.  Feeling like we aren't alone on this journey has made it more bearable.  I appreciate all of you so much!


4 comments:

  1. The scratch sounds AWFUL! I'd like to keep all my girly bits, thank you very much! And for the love, don't show me! GER-OSS! He sounds like my doc following my lap... "ooo, look this is a photo of your spleen." "What's that blobby yellow stuff?" "Oh, that's fat." Cue end of THAT conversation. Doctors are weird.

    Hoping you get a great report at your lining check! Keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right?! I mean I appreciate him explaining everything to me but that was more than I needed to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine offered to show me during my endometrium biopsy. I politely passed. :) Good luck with the lining check and BEST of luck on the transfer!! Will be keeping you in my thoughts! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. My in laws read my blog, so I get the mix of the blog and real life. It's good and bad.. They're often referred to as monster in laws in private. Keeping you in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete