Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Run Away Stork

Hello.  My name is A, and I'm an infertile. 

Like most of you never in my wildest dreams did I think I would find myself in this world.  But I'm here primarily due to an elevated FSH level which indicates my ovarian reserve is not what it's supposed to be for a healthy, active 33 year old woman. 

Like most of you in the infertile world I feel like I've been waiting my whole life to be a mom.  Just when I found the perfect man (well he's far from perfect but perfect for me :) and everything seemed to be lining up I had the rug pulled from underneath me in the form of a day 3 hormone panel.  All of my numbers were normal EXCEPT for one - the dreaded FSH.  Due to my age and some other factors our RE's (that's blog slang for Reproductive Endocrinologist) recommendation was to jump straight to IVF.  Basically the chances of success with other treatment and procedures (such as IUI) weren't that promising so rather than wasting time (which is already working against me) and money we opted to march headfirst into IVF.  I know there's so many couples out there that can't afford to try IVF so right off the bat we know we are blessed that with the help from my parents we can treat our infertility as aggressively as possible.

This blog is about our journey.  I've spent a couple months now lurking and reading other blogs wondering if I could be brave enough to speak openly about my own journey.  I've witnessed the amazing support and love that other infertiles have received from this community and am in awe.  One of my biggest struggles so far with my own experience is I feel as if no one really understands.  Even thought my husband and I have decided to keep our experience pretty private we have shared what we are going through with our immediate family and very closest friends.  All of whom have been more supportive and understanding than I could have imagined.  But, everyone has their own struggles and this is one that none of them have experienced first hand (thankfully!).  So i know it's not easy to relate and it's hard to know what to say, because let's be honest, there are no right words.

So here I am hoping that as I open up about my journey I'll find some peace in mind and heart along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment