Thursday, March 19, 2015

Another No

As you've probably guessed from the title our beta this morning was negative.  I just keep hearing the echoing of a door slamming in my head.  There's no way to put my feelings into words.  I'm angry.  That comes to mind first.  I'm heart broken, disappointed, and filled with doubt and loss of hope.  I just can't understand why this is happening to us.  And I'm terrified by what it means.  Is there something majorly wrong that we are missing?  I just kept apologizing to D over and over again.  And he just keeps telling me I have nothing to be sorry for, but that's not true.  I have everything to be sorry for.  I know in my heart that neither one of us deserves this but him especially.  And it shatters my already broken heart to pieces to know that he's in pain because of me, for me.  I can't make sense of the fact that people have children every day that they don't want, don't spend time with, aren't dedicated to, complain about.  I could go on and on.  People live their lives every day taking for granted the one thing in the world I would do anything for.  (as if I haven't already done enough).  Three fresh IVF cycles, 5 transfers of 8 embryos.  And nothing.  Here we sit no closer to having a family of our own.  Actually further than we've ever been.  Part of me just feels numb.  Like this can't be real.  But it is of course.  It's my life.  I have to continue to live it no matter how badly I don't want to.  What would I give to change this path we are on?  Anything.  Absolutely anything.  I would give up D if it meant he could have a child of his own.  If it would take the hurt out of his eyes.  Instead we are doomed to continue to suffer.  Through pregnancy announcements, baby showers, birth announcements, birthday parties.  One tortuous event after another where we celebrate other people's happiness and pretend like everything is fine.  But it's not fine.  And I'm not sure how much longer I can pretend that it is.  The fact of the matter is I don't want to.  I'm not fine.  I'm broken.  There's an ache inside me that is constant, burning, relentless.  A physical pain that never lets me forget my emotional pain.  When will it end?

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I'm so sorry. I hate this for you. It's so unfair. I agree that we live in such a fertile world that most people don't realize the FIGHT us infertile people have to do. My younger sister literally gets pregnant on demand. For us it was 11 failed IUIS and 3 failed IVFs till it worked with a surrogate. Talk about $$$, heart pain and stress. I believe that if you have SUCH a strong desire to have a child, it will happen, it's just so annoying because how/when is so foggy. I'm so sorry again. The 2ww is hell then add this :( Hugs to you sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so so sorry. I know there are no words adequate enough to give you comfort right now. You and D will be in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. I know this place all too well and know that there is nothing I can say to make you feel better right now. When you are ready, I would be more than happy to talk to you about my CCRM experience. Feel free to e-mail me anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Annie. I wish I could offer you some words of comfort, but I know they don't exist. You summarised the pain and anguish so beautifully with your post. Take care of yourself and D, and take the time you need to re-group. We're here for you any time you need a (virtual) shoulder to lean on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are just no words to make this ache and pain any better. Love you, sweet friend! Heartbroken with you and for you! I'm here if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have any words. There's nothing to really say, is there? 3 IUIs, 3 IVFs, and on my second donor egg cycle. I get it and I wish I could give you a big hug right now. You are definitely not alone in your grief.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have any words. There's nothing to really say, is there? 3 IUIs, 3 IVFs, and on my second donor egg cycle. I get it and I wish I could give you a big hug right now. You are definitely not alone in your grief.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I had something, anything to help ease the burden on your heart. I know that hurt you feel. Just know that I'm sending you so much love and many prayers your way. You most definitely are not alone. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry for this news and that I am very far behind in reading. I hope I can find you at your new blog and reconnect and be supportive from afar.

    ReplyDelete